2. Being told you DON’T sound black.
If I hear this one more time, I will actually lose my shit.
3. When your white friends ask you if it’s okay to say the N-word.
Don’t say it. Just don’t. We don’t care if you’re quoting a song. Just don’t.
4. When people tell you that you look like that random black celebrity you look nothing like.
5. Forgetting to wrap your hair the night before.
Guess who’s going to be late for work today.
6. Avoiding taking a shower with your new boyfriend.
“Why don’t I just go after you? And do you have a plastic bag? I forgot my shower cap.”
7. Googling how safe certain places are for black people before visiting.
Only some of you might understand this one.
8. When people ask to touch your hair.
Does this look like a petting zoo to you?
9. When you hear that a black girl has been cast in your favorite show, only to find out that she’s a slave.
Thanks a lot Game of Thrones.
10. When people give you crap for being with a white guy.
I’m sorry, I didn’t realize this was the 1950’s.